Honouring Health Leadership
Honouring Health Leadership
Update on CCHL’s 2020 Honouring Health Leadership event
The safety and security of our members, event attendees, staff, volunteers, sponsors and partners are a top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian College of Health Leaders has been actively monitoring the advice of public health authorities and our events have been assessed, cancelled or postponed accordingly.
The CCHL National Awards Program and the related award announcements are proceeding as scheduled, with a few minor adjustments. With the cancellation of the 2020 National Health Leadership Conference (NHLC), we announced in April that the Honouring Health Leadership awards event originally scheduled for June 14 had been postponed. We announced that the event would be done virtually or, if possible, moved to October at our BC Health Leaders Conference. The same decision had been made for the 3M Health Care Quality Team Awards Luncheon and the Robert Wood Johnson Awards Luncheon.
Given the recently updated guidelines on mass gatherings of over 50 people by the BC Government, we have decided that we will develop an online format for the celebration of our 2020 award recipients. While the circumstances are preventing us from having a face to face celebration, our new format will allow us to celebrate the accomplishments of the 2020 National Awards Program recipients and to thank the sponsors and supporters of our awards with a wide Canadian audience.
An online event, featuring the recipients of the CCHL National Awards Program, the 3M Health Care Quality Team Awards and the Robert Wood Johnson Awards, will be broadcast online on September 16, immediately following the CCHL Annual General Meeting, which will be held virtually. The video will then be available online. More details will be announced shortly.
We would like to thank all the dedicated College members, health workers, industry partners and leaders who are actively working diligently to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information about the Honouring Health Leadership Event, please contact Brianna Lavoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to honouring the recipients of the following awards :
• Celebrating the Human Spirit Award
• Mentorship Award
• Nursing Leadership Award
• Robert Zed Young Health Leader Award
• Award of Excellence in Mental Health and Quality Improvement
• Energy and Environmental Stewardship Award
• Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award
• Excellence in Patient Experience Award
• Excellence in Patient Safety Award
• Recognition in Delivering Value-based Healthcare
• CCHL Distinguished Leadership Award
• Healthcare Management Forum Article of the Year Award
• President’s Award for Outstanding Corporate Membership in the College
• 3M Health Care Quality Team Awards
• Robert Wood Johnson Awards